Top-Quality Dental Hygiene: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Your overall physical health is tied directly to your oral health and by having and keeping regular dental cleaning appointments, you can prevent disease.
Plaque and tartar can usually be brushed off at home using your toothbrush. However, tartar is plaque that has hardened on the tooth surface. It forms above and below the gum line (like a splinter in your gums), and can only be removed by having a deep cleaning in the office. This deep cleaning prevents gum disease and contributes to the better health of your gums.
Reasons For Deep Cleaning of the Teeth
- Our professional cleanings by our highly qualified hygienists can be viewed as a preventive measure to destroy harmful bacteria, plaque, and tartar that creates serious dental and health issues.
- It is now clear that the bacteria that causes gum disease can be directly related to heart disease, diabetes, and many other diseases.
- With a cleaning in our office, you can be assured that you are taking an important, proactive measure to prevent gum disease, tooth decay, and a host of other dental and health problems.
Our hygienists will also polish your teeth. This helps us to make the tooth’s surface more smooth— the smoother your tooth, the harder it is for plaque or tartar buildup. We use a small, motorized rubber cup (called a prophy cup) combined with an abrasive polishing paste. Sometimes in tougher, more severe cases, a special air polisher and baking soda formula is used to get rid of stubborn stains.
This painless procedure will produce a squeaky clean mouth, and can actually reverse bacterial growth in your mouth!
- Depending on your oral hygiene, or level of buildup or infection, our dentists might suggest a deep cleaning.
- This treatment involves scaling (to remove stubborn tartar at the gumline), ARESTIN® (antibiotic to eliminate bacterial infection), or root planing (to smooth areas of plaque buildup).
- By combining these three services, your mouth will be cleaner and healthier than you ever thought possible!
Your dental health is very important, as poor dental hygiene can develop into more serious health problems, such as gingivitis, periodontal disease, and even heart disease. As you can see, your dental health is not something to be taken lightly, so let our hygienist take care of all of your cleaning and polishing needs. Don’t wait another day!
Give Bluebonnet Dental Care a call to setup a cleaning and polishing today.