Complete Smile Reconstruction: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Smile reconstruction is a process by which your oral care practitioner works to eliminate the issues with your teeth and gums. The procedures she undertakes result in a beautiful smile that can do wonders for your confidence and appearance. Problems with your teeth, gums, and oral health can be due to a number of reasons. For instance, you could be genetically prone to periodontal diseases, or maybe, you’ve suffered some injury that has resulted in damage to your teeth and gums. Many people have dental issues simply because they don’t know how to take proper care of their mouth. Whatever may be the root cause, having dental issues can affect not just your physical, but your emotional health also.
What Goes into Smile Reconstruction
Smile restoration is a complex procedure that begins with a careful study of your oral structure. Each patient is unique and your dentist takes care to formulate a detailed step-by-step plan that can correct all misalignments and damage. The result of this customized procedure will be a long-lasting restoration that is aesthetically appealing, healthy, and effective. Each smile restoration procedure includes many different functions to give you that awesome smile that you’ve always wanted. At the same time, the procedure is designed in keeping with your comfort levels. Your oral care practitioner will take all measures to ensure that you are completely at ease.
Results of Bad Oral Health
Bad oral health can have detrimental effects on both your physical health, and emotional well-being. As you grow older, these problems can lead to other more serious issues such as:
- Pain in the joints and muscles of the jaws that can result from a misaligned bite.
- Not being able to chew your food properly can result in malnutrition and indigestion.
- If you have missing teeth, over the years, it can result in bone degeneration.
- Problems with the teeth can lead to other diseases such as arthritis, stroke, cancer, and heart disease. All these problems are linked to inflammation and infection of the gums, periodontitis, and other such dental issues.
- Bad oral health can lead to difficult pregnancies. Aside from premature births and low birth weight, babies born from mothers having dental issues can have a host of medical issues at birth.
Having a healthy mouth can contribute to a healthy body all through your life. Thus, it is advisable that you go for regular dental checkups to avoid any issues at their initial stages. Even so, you can begin taking care of your teeth at any time. Consult an expert dental surgeon that will examine your mouth and recommend the optimum course of action. And, if needed, comprehensive smile reconstruction. As a result, you will have a brilliant smile that contributes to your physical and emotional health. Look good and feel wonderful with a smile restructuring.