Cosmetic Gum Lift: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Does your smile have substantially more gum showing then your teeth? Do you want a smile that shows more teeth and gums? Do you have a gum line that isn’t even an unattractive?
If you would like to replace your gummy smile with a new smile or fix you’re an even gum line we can help. This is called a cosmetic gum lift.
A “gummy smile” can occur when you have an over growth of gum tissue that covers part of the tooth that should be showing when you smile. This is where we get the term “gummy smile.”
It normally takes only one appointment for our dentist to perform a cosmetic gum lift. Here at Bluebonnet dental care we also like to refer to it as an aesthetic crown lengthening solution.
- The gum lift treatment is very simple to understand
- After you are comfortably sedated one of our skilled and qualified dentist will gently raise your gums and remove part of your gums to correct positioning and contouring
- This creates an aesthetically pleasing appearance by exposing more of your teeth
- This makes your teeth look longer and more proportional
- The natural contours of your teeth will be beautifully exposed resulting in a brilliant smile
The gum tissue is attached to the underlying bone and we often have to alter the bone during the same procedure. To determine if this must be done we need to evaluate if the gum margins meet the recommended 3 mm location from the edge of the bone.
If there are no changes made to the bone, the possibility stands of your gums to grow and cover your teeth again thereby defeating the purpose of the gum lift.
The gum lift is a very simple solution to add the finishing touches to your flawless smile. If you have recently gotten veneers but your gum line is still uneven, then it detracts from the aesthetic brilliance of the veneers. To correct this problem a cosmetic gum left is the perfect solution.
- There is very little discomfort and extreme satisfaction is the result
- You can enjoy showing off your new smile at every opportunity
- They recovery time is quick due to the fast healing time of your gum tissue
During your appointment, you can ask to see before and after pictures of those who have had a gum lift.
If you are interested in our aesthetic crown lengthening procedure, but are unsure if you are a suitable candidate, we urge you to schedule your consultation to discuss your options. Call us today for more information.