Veneers Baton Rouge: We Can Give You A Smile You Can Be Proud Of
Porcelain veneers are thin layers of porcelain or ceramic that overlay the natural tooth to provide shape, size, color, and tooth length alterations. They fit teeth like a contact lens fits the eye. They cover the front surface of the tooth, and are bonded with a strong adhesive to ensure proper function and maintain aesthetic integrity. They are typically used in cases of severe discoloration or to restore cracks and other minor problems.
Customized to your smile to fit perfectly, your veneers will also be designed to match the color of your natural teeth. We have the ability to place just a few veneers to fix small problems, or create you an entirely new smile.
Porcelain veneers are a benefit to you as they resist stains better than alternative options. They are less invasive than other restorative and cosmetic procedures and they fix discoloration, normal and aggressive wear, chips, fractures, alignment, gaps, and provide the strength needed to give you a straight, white, and healthy smile.
- Porcelain veneers can be used to “magically close” gaps in the teeth, without undergoing extreme orthodontic treatment. Depending on the size and number of gaps that you have in your smile, many or few veneers may be used to fill the gap. An initial consult with the dentist will help you understand what you will need.
- Depending on the severity of your case, veneers may be an alternative to fix shifts in your teeth that cause crookedness. In cases where there has been minimal shifting, veneers can be custom built to correct the problem. In more extreme cases, you may need to visit the orthodontist for correction before veneers can be used to enhance your smile. The dentist will be able to discuss the best options for your unique case.
Chips, wear, fractures
- In cases where you have experienced minor chips and cracks, veneers are an option to restore the beautiful, healthy smile you desire. They are placed in such a way that they help support the tooth and provide strength, while aesthetically enhancing your smile.
- In cases where the teeth have been affected by aggressive staining, in-office tooth whitening might not be effective enough to restore whiteness. Veneers provide a healthy and beautiful alternative to help you achieve the perfect smile you desire.
Strength for decayed teeth
- If your teeth have decayed slightly, veneers are an option to provide restoration and strength. Sometimes decay may be too extensive for veneers to provide a viable solution and your dentist will do a thorough examination before recommending any course of treatment.
Veneers are placed in one of two ways, with prep and without prep. During your initial consultation these options will be discussed in relation to your unique case. Most veneers require some preparation in which a miniscule amount of tooth enamel is removed before the veneer is bonded to the tooth. This allows for proper fit and aesthetics for your veneers.
Many patients worry about how much veneers will cost. The cost of treatment is completely unique to your case and will vary based on the amount of veneers to be placed and the material used. The dentist will be able to consult with you to determine the best material to use based on the cost and quality that you desire.
After you have received porcelain veneers it essential that you care for them properly to maintain their life and quality. You can do this by scheduling regular dental hygiene visits, practicing regular and proper oral hygiene, and eradicating any bad habits such as chewing non-food substances, biting your nails, etc.